Pitch Perfect 3 is the 2017 third installment of the Pitch Perfect movie franchise. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 20, 2018.
Now graduated from college and out in the real world where it takes more than a cappella to get by, the Bellas return in Pitch Perfect 3, the next chapter in the beloved series that has taken in more than $400 million at the global box office.
After the highs of winning the World Championships, the Bellas find themselves split apart and discovering there aren’t job prospects for making music with your mouth. But when they get the chance to reunite for an overseas USO tour, this group of awesome nerds will come together to make some music, and some questionable decisions, one last time.
Two years after the Previous Film, The Bellas have graduated from Barden University and are working at jobs they hate. Matters are only made worse as Beca and Jesse's relationship as well as Amy's and Bumpers have since ended. Beca, FatAmy, Chloe, Aubrey, Lilly, Stacie, Cynthia Rose, Florencia, Jessica and Ashley are happy when Emily, who is now a senior and leader of the new Bella's, asks them to sing at an event. When they arrive at the reunion, they are disappointed to learn that Emily only invited them to see the new Bellas.
Later the Bellas gather in a bar, disapointed and express how much they miss each other. Aubrey gets them to join a USO tour, near her Army officer father. Emily fills in for Stacie, who is unable to attand the tour as she is eight months pregnant. The Bellas land at a base in Spain and are greeted by their liaisons, soldiers Chicago and Zeke and then meet the other three bands, including the mean-spirited female quartet group Evermoist. The other groups use musical instruments, which causes the Bellas to lose yet another riff-off.
Chloe and Chicago begin to develop feelings for one another while FatAmy learns that her estranged father Fergus Hobart (who is an international crime lord) is staying in the same hotel as the Bellas. The Bellas are invited to a party in D.J. Khaleds suite and FatAmy gets invited to a poker tournament which turns out to only be a set-up by Fergus, who begs Amy to accept him into her life again, which she agrees to after believing he has changed. Beca develops a friendship with DJ Khaled's music producer Theo, who is impressed when she easily produces a mix of her own singing on Khaled's editing equipment. Moments later, the party is thrown into chaos when Aubrey accidentally starts a fire and releases a swarm of bees.
While the Bellas are wallowing in disgrace, Stacie calls the group and announces that her daughter Bella was just born which reinvigorates the Bellas. Back on the tour, the Bellas perform to adore the crowds. Fergus and Amy are starting to make up which stops when he accidentally reveals that he is only trying to get close to Amy to acquire a US$180 million offshore account created by Amy's mother which causes Amy to completely disown her father. Meanwhile, DJ Khaled offers Beca a chance to open for him, but without the other Bellas. Beca politely declines the offer and goes back to her room, but still doesn't tell the Bellas about what she was asked.
The Bellas (except for Beca and Amy) are kidnapped and taken aboard onto the Fat Dingo, Fergus' yacht to hold them as ransom in order to make Amy give him the money. When Amy and Beca hear about the kidnapping and ransom, Beca distracts Fergus by leading the Bellas in a performance of "Toxic", while Amy uses karate to knock out many of Fergus's men and then sets up and detonates a bomb which allows the Bellas escape the yacht and cause Fergus to be arrested for his crimes.
After the Bellas are rescued by the military, Amy reveals DJ Khaled's proposition to the other Bellas and they encourage her to take the chance, agreeing that it is time to move on with their lives, knowing they will stay connected to each other as a family. At the USO's final performance, Beca opens for DJ Khaled, then brings the all of the Bellas onstage to sing their final performance – "Freedom! '90".
Gail and John, the public announcers at the Bellas original competition, have filmed a Bella documentary, only to be dismayed when John realizes they forgot to record the Bellas' final performance. The Bellas' lives are now starting to improve: Amy uses her new bankroll for tributes to singers named Amy; Aubrey becomes a birthing coach; Flo runs a juice cart that becomes an international brand; Chloe gets into vet school; Cynthia-Rose joins USAF flight school; Emily returns to Barden and to her songwriting; Lilly discloses that she was quiet because she was possessed by Satan, saying the bomb on the yacth snapped her out of her possession, and that her real name is Esther, and begins a relationship with DJ Dragon Nutz; Aubrey reconciles with her father; Chloe and Chicago officially become a couple; and Beca is now Theo's boss.
- The first two movies were filmed in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The third movie was filmed in Atlanta, Georgia.
- It is worth noting that Anna Camp and Brittany Snow stated before the films confirmation that they would return for a third film if there was to be one.
- On Air with Ryan Seacrest, Hailee Steinfeld is confirmed to return.
- Andy Allo has been casted as Charity, a singer from a group called Dew, rival of The Bellas.
- John Michael Higgins confirmed his character will be back for the third film.
- John Lithgow has been cast, role is Fat Amy's father.
- On April 11, 2015, a month before the release of the second film, it was announced that Rebel Wilson would return for a third film, although she stated that she did not know if Kendrick or any of the other cast members would also be reprising their roles. She added that she would be "up for a Fat Amy spin-off", although nothing has been confirmed.
- Director, star, and producer Elizabeth Banks acknowledged the possibility of a third film, saying, "I will say, it would be disingenuous to say that no one’s talking about a Pitch Perfect 3; the possibility of it. We are really focused on getting as many butts in seats for this one. If fans embrace it, we are going to seriously think about what the continuing journey would look like, but we don’t know what that is yet".
- On June 10, 2015, a third film was officially confirmed, with Kay Cannon returning to write the script. Several days later it was announced the film would be released on July 21, 2017, and both Kendrick and Wilson would reprise their roles.
- On July 21, 2015, On Air with Ryan Seacrest, Hailee Steinfeld has been confirmed to reprise her role.
- On July 28, 2015, Variety confirmed that Brittany Snow would reprise her role.
- On May 31, 2016, Universal once again moved Pitch Perfect 3 to another new release date to December 22, 2017. Previously it was moved back to its original release date, July 21, 2017 from August 4, 2017.
- On October 11, 2016 (due to another release date changed), Anna Kendrick announced during an interview that filming will start in January 2017.
- On September 1, 2016, it was announced that Trish Sie would be directing Pitch Perfect 3.
- Production of the third movie started on January 25, 2017 and wrapped up on June 16, 2017.
Note: Only the songs from the film are listed. For the full tracklisting see:
- Main article: Pitch Perfect 3: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Universal Fanfare - The Bellas
- Toxic - The Bellas
- Sit Still, Look Pretty - The New Bellas
- Riff Off - The Bellas, Evermoist, Saddle Up, Young Sparrow and DJ Dragon Nutz, Soldiers
- You Got It - Young Sparrow and DJ Dragon Nutz
- Ex's & Oh's - Saddle Up
- How A Heart Unbreaks - Evermoist
- Cheap Thrills - The Bellas
- I Don't Like It, I Love It - The Bellas
- Cake by the Ocean - The Bellas
- Freedom! '90 - The Bellas
- Soy Yo - Bomba Estereo
- Boom Boom - Iggy Azalea & Zedd
- Tribe - Kim Viera
- Score Suite From Pitch Perfect 3 - Christopher Lennertz
- Anna Kendrick as Beca Mitchell
- Rebel Wilson as Fat Amy
- Hailee Steinfeld as Emily Junk
- Alexis Knapp as Stacie Conrad
- Brittany Snow as Chloe Beale
- Anna Camp Aubrey Posen
- Hana Mae Lee as Lilly Onakuramara
- Ester Dean as Cynthia-Rose
- Chrissie Fit as Florencia Fuentes
- Elizabeth Banks as Gail
- John Michael Higgins as John Smith
- Universal Pictures
- The Insider: Anna Kendrick Says She Will Return for Pitch Perfect 3